Did you know Tempe is home to one of the best Spring Training stadiums in all of Arizona? That’s right, Diablo Stadium is the Angel’s spring training facility and it sits right below Twin Buttes in beautiful Tempe.
Whether you’re a Phoenix native, a snowbird who rents a home part of the year, a tourist, or even looking to move to Tempe, you’ll find we have lots of amazing activities happening in March. And what’s our favorite thing to do in March? Spring Training, of course!
Here are some interesting facts about the Angels and Diablo Stadium, right here in Tempe:
- • The Angels have set attendance records at Tempe Diablo Stadium for the past 3 years
- • The Angels use the first base dugout. The visitors use the third base dugout!
- • Tempe Diablo Stadium was rated “Best Spring Training Venue” by Newsweek Magazine
- • Believe it or not, Tempe Diablo Stadium is the second smallest in the Cactus League but regularly places in the top among fan attendance amongst all teams.
- • At various times, the Seattle Pilots, Milwaukee Brewers, and Seattle Mariners all called Tempe Diablo Stadium home during Spring Training.
- • Up to 9,315 people can enjoy an Angels game during Spring Training at Tempe Diablo Stadium
You can buy tickets for the Angels games through March 29th, when the Indians take on the Angles right here in Tempe. The stadium is just several blocks from major freeways and is only minutes away from Sky Harbor International Airport.
WeRentHomesAZ is one of the premiere sources for Tempe rental homes, with both furnished and unfurnished homes. If you plan on visiting Tempe for Spring Training, we can help you find the best home to stay while vacationing in sunny Arizona. Contact us today for pricing and availability!