If you’re a golf fan, we don’t have to tell you how famous and popular the Waste Management Phoenix Open is. It’s one of the oldest and most-loved of the major golf tournaments, and it’s consistently one of the best-attended events in all of golf. The “greatest show on grass” frequently sees a half-million attendees or more, beyond the millions watching at home.
And, of course, the centerpiece of the WM Phoenix Open is the world-famous 16th Hole, placed within an amphitheater setting with thousands of raucous fans watching. Some of the most famous moments in golf have occurred here, with the fans enthusiastically interacting with the golfers in one of the only places where the decorum of the game can break down a bit.
That’s not the only fun to be had here in Phoenix in the first week of February. Along with the WM Phoenix Open, there’s the beloved Coors Light Bird’s Nest, an ongoing after-party and music festival that kicks off after each day’s round of golf is done. 2016’s headliners include Rascal Flatts, Dierks Bentley, Robin Thicke, and Tiesto.
If you’re a golf or music-lover, that really only leaves one question: Where to stay when you come to share in the festivities in Phoenix?
A Short Term Rental: The Best Way To Enjoy The WM Phoenix Open
There are plenty of rental options here in Phoenix, with the traditional range of hotels and motels and apartments. However, there’s one thing Phoenix has that most other cities on the PGA tour doesn’t: A boom in rental houses, with a huge number of excellent homes available for short term rental.
The Phoenix area got hit harder than many during the housing bubble pop of the late 2000s, which left a lot of properties in the possession of holding companies. While private-ownership is starting to pick up again, that still leaves a lot of homes for rent on the market. In practice, a savvy renter can pick up an amazing fully-furnished rental home for only a little more than a nice hotel would cost.
And you get so much more than from other rental types. A short term rental home brings you:
- An immaculately-maintained full property, with nicely trimmed landscaping and gardens.
- Fully-furnished houses, including huge bedrooms and a fully-outfitted kitchen, which is a great alternative to expensive restaurant dining.
- Luxurious optional amenities, such as an external garage or potentially a full swimming pool! And even though it’s winter, daytime highs can still reach the low 70s, so you could get some use from it.
- 24/7 maintenance and servicing if anything goes wrong.
- Convenient locations throughout the Phoenix metro area and surrounding suburbs, guaranteeing convenient access to the PGA grounds or to any of the many great attractions in the area.
- No loud neighbors or noisy neighboring parties, unlike many apartments or hotels. In a Phoenix short term rental home, you can rest peacefully after the festivities.
A Phoenix rental home is truly the best accompaniment to the WM Phoenix Open you can have. You’ll be able to stay in style, rest comfortably, and enjoy full access to everything that Phoenix has to offer.
And it’s not too late to reserve a house, although rentals are going fast. Contact WeRentHomesAZ today to ask about property availability and prices!